Before comparing Reactjs vs React Native, let’s take a look at the small history of both of them.
It provides developers to compose complex UIs from a small and isolated piece of code called “components.” ReactJS made of two parts first is the components, which are the pieces that contain HTML code and what you want to see in the user interface, and the second one is an HTML document where all your components will be rendered.
React.js is just the V part of the MVC framework, a library meant for rendering your views.
Advantages of ReactJS
- ReactJS improves performance due to virtual DOM. The React Virtual DOM exists entirely in memory and is a representation of the web browser’s DOM. Redact’s virtual DOM is faster than the conventional full refresh model, since the virtual DOM refreshes only parts of the page.
- You can reuse code components in React JS, saving you a lot of time.
- It improves the debugging speed making your developer’s life easier.
- Creating a dynamic web application specifically with HTML was tricky, which requires complex coding, but React JS solved that issue and makes it easier. It provides less coding and gives more functionality.
- ReactJS applications are extremely easy to test. It offers a scope where the developer can test and debug their codes with the help of native tools.
Disadvantages of ReactJS
- It may be hard for them to adopt all these changes with all the continuous updates.
- React technologies updating and accelerating so fast that there is no time to make proper documentation. To overcome this, developers write instructions on their own with the evolving of new releases and tools in their current projects.
- ReactJS Covers only the UI Layers of the app and nothing else. So, you still need to choose some other technologies to get a complete tooling set for development in the project.
React Native was initially developed for the iOS application. However, recently, it also supports the Android operating system.
Advantages of React Native
- It provides the facility of “Learn once write everywhere.” It works for both platform Android as well as iOS devices.
- React Native comes with all the advantages that React.js brought you. React.js focuses on a better UI, so those benefits remain.
- You don’t have to build the same application for iOS and Android, separately as React Native allows your developers to reuse the common logic layer.
- It uses a component-based structure that allows developers to build apps with a more agile, web-style approach to development than most hybrid frameworks, and without any web at all.
- The large community of ReactJS and React Native helps us to find any answer we require.
- We will need to write some platform-specific code if we want to create native functionality, which is not designed yet.
Disadvantages of React Native
- React Native is a newbie in Android and iOS programming languages and is still in its improvement stage, which can have a negative impact on the apps.
- React Native is not easy to learn, especially for a fresher in the app development field.
- React native is lacks of security robustness. When you are creating banking and financial apps where data is highly confidential, experts advise you not to choose React Native.
- React Native takes a lot of time for initializing the runtime even for the hi-tech gadgets and devices.
After discussing the advantages and disadvantages of ReactJS and React Native, let’s take a look at the Difference Between React and React Native.
In a conclusion, The key Difference Between React and React Native is react is ideal for building dynamic, high-performing, responsive UI for your web interfaces, while React Native is meant to give your mobile apps a truly native feel.
For more Article: Click Here